Dream, or Something More?

I had a really weird dream last night. At least, I think it was a dream. I woke up and my head was pounding like it did after I remembered that other timeline, or whatever it was. 

At first, it was nice. It was me and this guy (Rei, I think his name was?) on a date. We were at a football game, which is something I didn't know I knew about until now. We weren't really there for the game though. We were there for something else. I can't remember what it was. We had popcorn and sodas though, and we went off to meet up with some friends. 

Then it changed. I woke up somewhere that I didn't recognize. Dream me was scared, and had been for a while. I felt...a lot younger in this part of the dream than in the part with Rei. Like I was a tiny child. This green-faced figure had dragged me into this blank white-walled room with a chair and a table in it, and a counter against one wall, I think. The figure was like, bald or something, but there were white strips all over their face where text was scrolling by, like banner ads or something. It was weird. They didn't have a nose. 

They left me alone, and I saw a notebook sitting on the table with a pen. People had written in it. I think a lot of it was people saying sorry, or saying goodbye. I picked up the pen and doodled some clouds. I had a weird moment after this, and I don't know what caused it. Things seemed to shift, and it was like I woke up inside of the dream, inside of this tiny dream me. I started writing. Maybe I'll replicate it for you guys if you want, but it was scary. 

Then the green person came back and grabbed me, and I screamed and tried to get away from them. I don't really remember what happened next, but I remember I started to feel sick, like I do when my illness flares up. It all felt so...not vivid, but hazy, like old memories, you know? I can't usually read in dreams either. Makes me wonder if it was even a dream at all, and not something else. 

Comments