What in the actual fuck

So uh...I guess first things first I should apologize for that last post I made. Well, I won't apologize to Payton cause she's an asshole but I'll apologize to everyone else. I was...not really coherent at the time. Magic brainwashing water will do that to you. 

Speaking of water, I'm sure one of the other two told you all but things sort of came to a head with the Rainers. Bad news is they are not responsible for whatever the fuck I saw on Memorial Day weekend. The good news is I do know a little more about this place. 

Anyways, I tried what Theo suggested and took my own water to work with me, but turns out Thomas and Jed were stealing my water bottle and filling it with infected water while I wasn't looking so it didn't help, unfortunately. By the time I figured that out, it was far too late. 

I honestly don't remember much of what happened next, aside from being by the river and then Thomas pushing my head underwater. THAT sure as hell woke me up. Unfortunately, I'm not very strong, so there wasn't much I could do except play dead and hope he fell for it. So I stopped struggling. And it kind of worked. At least, Thomas stopped holding me down. There was...something in the river, and I almost broke my own cover when I first saw it. It was...god I can't even describe it it was so alien and weird. I could tell it could see something about me...my soul? My future? My every wish and desire? I don't know what it saw, but it almost seemed upset by what it saw, and it wound up like it was going to attack me. What I can say for sure is this felt nothing like the thing in the forest. That thing in the forest felt like it made the very air around me try to smother me. This...felt more like a waking dream, like I was walking through fog. I don't know how to explain it.

But Payton and Henny decided to show up before anything could happen. Which, seeing Henny in person without any warning whatsoever is fucking terrifying by the way. He's tall and extremely pale and he has a whole ass tail, fangs, and big un-human ears. His eyes were really weird too. They were black where the whites usually are and his pupils were like red or something. Like, he has hair and stuff which means he's just human enough that it's even more terrifying, like that whole uncanny valley thing.

They can fill you in on whatever it was they did to drive off the Rainers. That's not really the important part of this post. Neither is the drowning stuff, really. That's an easy fix: I just won't ever set foot in that steakhouse ever again.

Anyways, the next part is where it gets weird. Cause not only did Payton and Henny show up, so did my parents. And they and Henny acted like they knew each other. Henny pulled them off to the side when he thought I wasn't looking and had some sort of conversation with them. They didn't act shocked at all by his appearance either. I asked them about it on the way home and they clammed up and wouldn't tell me anything. I tried asking Henny too, right after they were done talking, but he wouldn't tell me anything either, even when I smacked him.

I feel...better now, at least. No more poisoned water making me all weird. But things just got a lot more complicated, cause I have a feeling my parents are going to be keeping a very close eye on me for a while.

Comments

Post a Comment