4th of July

Sorry for the late update. I know I said I would recap my first day working for the Rainers but it was super boring, just prep for the 4th. I had to work the 4th and I never, *ever* want to work that again. I didn't know that many people could even get into this place, let alone disappear by morning, hopefully back to their homes. 

Speaking of the 4th, there were SO MANY FREAKING FIREWORKS. Which, honestly, is normal but my family never really goes to the actual celebration because it gets insane. Thomas Rainer and his brother Jeremiah (they call him Jed though) walked out after work with like three armfuls of fireworks, which was impressive since there were only two of them. Jed is a gigantic man though so he can carry a lot. 

Weird thing is...they went into the forest to shoot all their stuff off, which you really aren't supposed to do. Not just because of fire danger...but because people tend to end up like...extremely mangled and dead when they do. They also like, said a prayer to the river before they left, which was super weird. They do go down to the river a lot, which is right behind the building, but I haven't had the time to follow them yet.

There is definitely something weird going on here though and I will definitely be investigating further when I have the time. I would say I feel really optimistic that the Rainers are 100% for sure the cause of all of the issues in Winter Hollow, but something just doesn't feel right. Like this is just one tiny thing in a sea of weirdness, if you know what I mean. 

The Rainers have been around for ages though, and I wouldn't be surprised if the family has been here in one way or another since Winter Hollow was founded. It's kind of frustrating that the library has like no history materials whatsoever. I would absolutely be book stalking these people (is that even a thing? Like stalking but instead of following them you just look up their entire family history? It should be if it isn't).

Comments

  1. ..Huh. Payton /did/ say that the Rainers had a weird thing about water. Maybe some sort of water deity they worship? Not the weirdest thing I've heard of, anyway. Also.. what was that about the forest?! Mangled or DEAD?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe?? That would be super weird. The church in town is...dogmatic to put it lightly, and they don't like that sort of heresy. It would explain why everyone hates them though...

      And yeah there's sometimes mangled bodies that people find after the 4th. Whatever they were killed by is the same thing taking people, I think. It's definitely not the animals. They are like...literally becoming a part of the trees and the plants in a way. They have like roots and shit literally spearing them sometimes. I saw pictures one time and didn't sleep for a week.

      Delete

Post a Comment