A More In-Depth Overview

This is what people voted for. I figured this might be what people wanted to know about. This post might get a little long, so buckle up. Fair warning, my family moved here and I'm not technically a local, so I don't know as much as I would like. But I'll tell you all what I know.

Winter Hollow is a really, really tiny town. Like, a max of 150 people live here. There's not much around here aside from a few restaurants, a gas station/convenience store/bar, and some other touristy shops. From what I've been able to dig up so far from the library (I don't know why there's a library here and not like...something more useful), it might have been a mining town at one point in time? I'm not sure. There's really nothing for historical documents anywhere in this town. As of now, a lot of the money coming in comes from tourism and whatever it is that comes off of the two ranches outside of the main town.

One side of the town borders the Hartwood Forest, which leads up into the mountains. The ranches are on the other side of town. The highway goes through town from where the ranches are and up into the forest. There is actually an old manor up in the forest too, which I haven't been able to find much out about. I asked the convenience store/gas station owner (his name is Axel. He's...interesting) about it one time and he gave me this dark look and just told me to stay away from there. There's also a river that runs through the woods and past Winter Hollow, Moose Creek. 

Another side of town goes up the side of a small hill, and there's a radio station on top of the hill, overlooking the town (again, just why?? One would think there would be more useful things to have in this town...). It actually broadcasts a radio show too which is...well, if I find a recording of a show I'll post it. I think the host's name is like Penumbra or something? I tend to avoid that place and avoid listening to the show because it creeps me out. There's also a church near the edge of town that I avoid too. That place gives me even worse vibes than the radio station.

I'm not sure what else is important to mention. I might go into more detail about some of the people that live here and the businesses and stuff later. I probably will. Some of them are super weird. Although really, this whole town is weird, like I've mentioned. Tourists regularly disappear and no one seems to notice, and other weird things happen all the time. There's weird noises from the forest a lot, and people get super weird if you mention certain things, like the manor in the woods. And the animals, but they deserve their own post. That is like the one thing I have seen full-on. Everything else is just coincidence and speculation for me right now. 

I hope this is a good overview for you guys. Let me know if you want me to talk more about any of this, or about any of the other stuff I suggested in my last post.

Comments

  1. Maybe you can find old photos of the hillside in the library, and see when the manor starts appearing in them? That will at least let you know when it was built

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The radio station you mean? Maybe...I'll check it out. The manor I talked about looks super old, but I'll look for pictures of that too maybe.

      Delete
  2. Hello there? Is somebody here?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment